Goat Show and Sale
Location: Tents at Fulton Street
Arrival: Tuesday, October 3, 2017 from 7 - 9 pm
Show: Thursday, October 5, 2017 at 1:30 pm
Sale: Friday, October 6, 2017 at 6:30 pm
*Animals going back to the farm will be released on Friday October 6, 2017 at 10 pm
1. All entries must be received by October 2, 2017, and mailed to chairman at the following address: Garden Spot High School, 669 E. Main St., New Holland, PA 17557.
2. Exhibitors are limited to Lancaster County 4-H and FFA members.
3. American Market Goat Association official show rules shall govern this show. All Goat Show entries must have an official health certificate at time of entry. All goats, except wethers, must bear a USDA/APHIS ear tag except those having registration tattoos and a premise ID number.
4. Drugs administered to livestock prior to or during the fair for the purpose of controlling disposition or showmanship are prohibited.
5. Bedding will be provided by the Farmer's Day Association. The feed, feedboxes, and water buckets must be furnished by the exhibitor who must see that animals are fed and cared for during the ENTIRE fair. The New Holland Farmers' Day Association will provide a night watchman to stay with the animals.
6. Arrival time of Goats is Tuesday, October 3, 2017, 7 to 9 pm.
7. All breeds will compete in each class with no more than 2 animals per class for each exhibitor. The Committee reserves the right to limit the number of goats per exhibitor to allow for a greater number of exhibitors to participate.
8. Weight classes are to be set by the chairperson.
9. Sale animals are limited to 2 animals per exhibitor and will be sold through the Auction Sale on Friday, October 6, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. at the tent. All exhibitors are responsible for cleaning up their pens.
1st - $15
2nd - $12
3rd - $10
4th - $8
5th - $6
1st - $10
2nd - $8
3rd - $6
4th - $4
5th - $2
Combined Showmanship and Fitting: All exhibitors are asked to participate in their proper division; ribbons will be awarded. Trophies will be presented to the top individual in each division.
Division 1 - Senior Showman (5 or more years experience)
Division 2 - Intermediate Showman (3 rd or 4 th year showman)
Division 3 - Beginner Showman (2 nd year showman)
Division 4 - Novice Showman (1 st year showman)
*FFA is dedicated to making a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education.
2017 NEW HOLLAND GOAT SHOW ENTRY FORM
Club or Chapter:
Club Leader First Name:
Club Leader Last Name:
Exhibitor First Name:
Exhibitor Last Name:
Phone Number with Area Code (no parenthesis or hyphens):
Showmanship Diision :
Please press this button to print this form before submitting it.
Please press this button to submit this form to the fair.
Use this button to clear all form data.