Sheep Show and Sale
Location: Tents at Fulton Street
Arrival: Tuesday, October 3, 2017 from 7 - 9 pm
Show: Thursday, October 5, 2017 at 4 pm
Sale: Friday, October 6, 2017 at 6:30 pm
*Animals going back to the farm will be released on Friday October 6, 2017 at 10 pm
Combined Showmanship and Fitting: All exhibitors are asked to participate in their proper division; ribbons will be awarded. Trophies will be presented to the top individual in each division.
Division 1 - Senior Showman (5 or more years experience)
Division 2 - Intermediate Showman (3 rd or 4 th year showman)
Division 3 - Beginner Showman (2 nd year showman)
Division 4 - Novice Showman (1 st year showman)
1st - $15
2nd - $12
Market Sale Class: Sale lambs will be divided into classes based upon weight. Prize money will be awarded to the top 6 exhibitors in each weight class. Lambs much weigh at least 80 pounds to show. Trophies will be presented to the Grand and Reserve Champion Market Sale Lambs.
A. Lightweight Market Lambs
B. Middleweight Market Lambs
C. Heavyweight Market Lambs
D. Pair of Market Lambs (any breed, any weight, from classes A, B, or C)
Non-Sale Class: These lambs will be exhibited, eligible to receive ribbons and premiums, but will not be sold at the sale. Lambs must be identified at weigh-in time as Non-Sale lambs. Depending on the number of animals, this class may be divided by weight into more than one class.
Breeding Sheep Classes: Use class number on entry form; classes shown by breed.
1. Ram Lamb (under 1 year of age)
2. Yearling Rams (1 year of age but less than 2 years)
3. Ewe Lamb (under 1 year of age)
4. Yearling Ewes (1 year of age but less than 2 years)
5. Aged Ewes (older than 2 years of age)
6. Pair of breeding sheep (made up of two sheep from classes 1-5)
7. Flock – 4 Sheep: 1 Ram and 3 Females (1 Ewe Lamb, 1 Yearling Ewe, 1 Aged Ewe)
8. Breeder's Young Flock (3 Lambs)
Breeding sheep may not be shown in market class or vice versa. Breeding sheep must be registered and have appropriate registration tag in their ear. Registration papers must be available at check-in time. (Current health papers must be provided for all entries.) No more than 10 animals may be exhibited per exhibitor.
Trophies will be presented to the Grand and Reserve Champion Breeding Sheep.
Breeds: (Use Breed Letter A, B, C etc. on entry form)
N. Others (by breed)
The following premiums will be paid for entries in the Market Sale Class, Non-Sale Class, and Breeding Classes:
1st - $15
2nd - $12
3rd - $10
4th - $8
5th - $6
6th - $4
2017 NEW HOLLAND SHEEP SHOW ENTRY FORM
Club or Chapter:
Club Leader First Name:
Club Leader Last Name:
Exhibitor First Name:
Exhibitor Last Name:
Phone Number with Area Code (no parenthesis or hyphens):
Please list the number of animals you expect to show in the following classes:
Market Sales Classes:
Non Market Classes :
Submit this entry form by October 2 with the appropriate fees to the chairman of the show. (checks payable to Grassland FFA)
1. Lambs must weigh between 80-160 pounds to sell through the sale. Lambs weighing less than 80 pounds or over 160 pounds may be sold at the end.
2. No member may sell more than (3) lambs through the sale. Depending on the number of exhibitors, there may be a limit of 2 per exhibitor.
3. All lambs must be washed and properly fitted to be eligible to sell.
4. Exhibitors are limited to Lancaster County FFA or 4-H Clubs. Consideration will also be given to 4-H Clubs or FFA members from school districts adjoining ELANCO School District. Only lambs carried as 4-H or FFA supervised experience projects may be exhibited and/or sold. Current record books are required by the chairman at arrival time.
5. It is the reponsibility of the owner to have a holder/showperson for each of their lambs if they have more than one entry.
6. After judging, sale lambs will be identified by the sale committee and returned to their pens for exhibit.
7. Lambs will be sold on Friday, October 6, 2017 at 6:30 pm.
8. Anyone wishing to sell is expected to contact prospective buyers and to write a thank you letter to the buyer of their lamb(s).
9. Release time is 10 pm on Friday, October 6, 2017.
10. Exhibitors are expected to help clean up on Saturday morning at the tent.
11. Lambs will be weighed in upon their arrival.
12. An entry fee of $2.00 per head will be charged and must be submitted with an entry form before October 2.
13. Exhibitors may not show more than 2 animals in any class.
14. Entry forms should be sent to the chairman of the sheep show at the following address:
Robert Lauffer -
(717) 799-8525 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrew Gehart - Co. Chairmen (717) 336-7846
Garden Spot High School
669 E. Main St.
New Holland, PA 17557
Please press this button to print this form before submitting it.
Please press this button to submit this form to the fair.
Use this button to clear all form data.